City Unveils New Website
The City of San Angelo today launched a new website at cosatx.us that is more attractive, more user-friendly and more interactive.
Among the new features on the site, developed by Vision Internet under a contract approved by the City Council, are:
- More options for completing applications and forms online.
- Links of particular interest to residents, visitors and businesses.
- Comprehensive calendars and news.
- An extensive listing with detailed information about City parks, facilities and venues.
- Pages devoted to each City department and division with easily accessible contact information.
- Phone numbers and email addresses for every City employee with an email address.
- A comprehensive site map that makes navigating the site easier than ever.
“Our citizens and other visitors to the site are going to love it,” Public Information Officer Anthony Wilson said. “The new cosatx.us is inviting, informative and interactive. The site is the City of San Angelo’s face on the worldwide web, and we believe it makes a splendid first impression.”
Wilson said work on the site is continuing, as City staff members explore the best ways to allow citizens to conduct more of their City business online, including making more payments via the Internet.
Citizens and other users are encouraged to offer suggestions for the site by calling the Public Information Office at 325-481-2727, emailing [email protected] or via the site itself.
A team of four City employees – Multimedia Coordinator Brian Groves, Network Analyst AJ Deardorff, Information Technology Administrative Assistant Jade Baucom and Wilson – have devoted the past six weeks to readying the site’s nearly 400 pages after spending months working with Vision Internet crafting the site’s structure and features.
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.