SAN ANGELO, TX – The 2021 San Angelo Rodeo kicks off this weekend with four PRCA events that include roping, bronc riding, steer wrestling and bull riding.
The rodeo begins on Friday, Apr. 9, at 7:30 p.m. at the San Angelo Coliseum. This year there will be 13 performances that will include the legendary Cinch Shoot Out, the PRCA Short Go, Children's Miracle Network Day and the action packed event X-Treme Bulls.
Each performance includes one section of Bareback Riding, Steer Wrestling, Team Roping, Saddle Bronc Riding, Calf Roping, Barrel Racing and Bull Riding.
PRCA Performances (Ticket Price)
- Friday, April 9 - 7:30 p.m. ($15.50)
- Saturday, April 10 - 1:00 p.m. ($12.50)
- Saturday, April 10 - 7:30 p.m. ($20.50)
- CMN: Sunday, April 11 - 2:00 p.m. ($12.50)
- Thursday, April 15 - 7:30 p.m. ($10.50)
- Friday, April 16 - 7:30 p.m. ($15.50)
- Saturday, April 17 - 1:00 p.m. ($12.50)
- Saturday, April 17 - 7:30 p.m. ($20.50)
- X-Treme Bulls: Sunday, April 18 - 2:00 p.m. ($15.50)
- Military Appreciation: Wednesday, April 21 - 7:30 p.m. ($10.50)
- Tough Enough to Wear Pink: Thursday, April 22 - 7:30 p.m. ($10.50)
- Short-Go a.k.a. "Finals" Friday, April 23 at 7:30 PM ($25.50) - The Short-Go, also known as the Finals, is the last of the PRCA Rodeo performances. In this performance, the top twelve contestants in the average of each event compete for not only money in the go-round, but purse and title as San Angelo Champion.
- Cinch Chute-Out Saturday, April 24 at 7:30 PM ($30.50) - This is a fast-paced, thrilling rodeo performance featuring eight contestants in the following five events: Bareback Riding, Barrel Racing, Saddle Bronc Riding, Tie Down Roping, and Bull Riding. The first go round, each of the eight contestants go head to head and the four with the fastest times, or best scores advance to the second round. From those four in each event, the one with the fastest time in the second go round, takes home $12,500 in each event! The total purse is $100,000 for the single performance.
Along with the rodeo there will be other attractions at the fairgrounds. Starting Friday the Western Shamrock Carnival will open up, contestants for the 2021 Championship Cook-off will move in and Clete Bradley will be kicking off the Buffalo Social Club. The Rustic Cellar Wine Tent will also open on Friday and will feature wines from the 2020 Rustic Cellar Wine Competition. Due to COVID-19 there will not be a wine competition this year.