Monday is Last Day to Register to Vote in November Election
SAN ANGELO, TX – The deadline to register to vote in the upcoming election in Tom Green County is fast approaching. The last day to register is Monday, October 7th, which allows voters to vote in the special election that will take place on November 5th.
The voter registration application is available at the Tom Green County Election and Voter Registration Office. It is also available on the TGC Elections website and the Texas Secretary of State’s website to download, print and mail. No documents are required to be presented at the time of registration, the only paperwork that must be presented and completed is a voter registration application.
The special election will allow voters to vote on ten constitutional amendments, a city proposition and a school bond election for Water Valley ISD, depending on where you live in the county.
- The constitutional amendment permitting a person to hold more than one office as a municipal judge at the same time.
- The constitutional amendment providing for the issuance of additional general obligation bonds by the Texas Water Development Board in an amount not to exceed $200 million to provide financial assistance for the development of certain projects in economically distressed areas.
- The constitutional amendment authorizing the legislature to provide for a temporary exemption from ad valorem taxation of a portion of the appraised value of certain property damaged by a disaster.
- The constitutional amendment prohibiting the imposition of an individual income tax, including a tax on an individual's share of partnership and unincorporated association income.
- The constitutional amendment dedicating the revenue received from the existing state sales and use taxes that are imposed on sporting goods to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and the Texas Historical Commission to protect Texas' natural areas, water quality, and history by acquiring, managing, and improving state and local parks and historic sites while not increasing the rate of the state sales and use taxes.
- The constitutional amendment authorizing the legislature to increase by $3 billion the maximum bond amount authorized for the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas.
- The constitutional amendment allowing increased distributions to the available school fund.
- The constitutional amendment providing for the creation of the flood infrastructure fund to assist in the financing of drainage. flood mitigation. and flood control projects.
- The constitutional amendment authorizing the legislature to exempt from ad valorem taxation precious metal held in a precious metal depository located in this state.
- The constitutional amendment to allow the transfer of a law enforcement animal to a qualified caretaker in certain circumstances.
San Angelo Proposition
Shall the City of San Angelo's Lake Nasworthy Trust Fund principal balance be used as described below?
Lake Nasworthy lake and river improvements to enhance water recreation and the elimination of related litter and pollution not to exceed $6 million in actual costs for:
- Boat ramps
- Fishing piers
- Shoreline erosion control
- Sandy beaches
Balance of the fund as of May 5, 2020, excluding the $6 million allocated for the above projects, be used for the expansion. reconfiguration, and replacement of the current sewer system servicing the Lake Nasworthy area to expand capacity for current and future development.
Sample Ballots can be found on the Tom Green County Elections and Voter Registration webpage.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.