NWS: Severe Weather Possible Wednesday Evening


SAN ANGELO, TX – The National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center in Norman, OK has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for most of West Central Texas including the Concho Valley through 9 p.m. Wednesday. 

Severe thunderstorms are possible south of I-20 including all counties in the Concho Valley and the city of San Angelo.  The main threats will be large hail, damaging winds and dangerous lightning.  

Areas which have already seen heavy rainfall in the past several days could see flash flooding. 

There is a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms across the area tonight.  Storm chances decline to 40 percent on Thursday. 

This is a developing weather situation.  

Subscribe to the LIVE! Daily

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.


Most Recent Videos

Post a comment to this article here:

X Close