Big Big National Park Reopens with Limited Lodging and CampingPress Release
Travelers to Big Bend National Park may resume camping and even lodging again very soon.
Park officials have announced Friday that limited lodging and camping options will be reinstated beginning on June 15.
Here is a list of all facilities and services that are now OPEN to the public:
- Chisos Basin Campground - (reduced capacity. Maximum stay 5 nights. Reservations required via www.recreation.gov).
- Chisos Mountains Lodge - (reopens 6/19 with reduced capacity. Maximum of 5 nights stay. www.chisosmountainslodge.com or 432-477-2291 for reservations).
- Chisos Mountains Restaurant (take-out meals only)
- All paved park roads.
- Old Maverick Road, Grapevine Hills Road, Dugout Wells, Dagger Flat Road, and Terlingua Ranch Road
- Front-Country trails for day hiking (see the full list).
- Chisos Basin Camper Store.
- Panther Junction Gas Station and store.
- Castolon Store (open 6/19).
- Rio Grande for day-use river trips from paved road access points. (Group size limits apply)
With all public health in mind, the following areas and facilities will remain CLOSED to the public at this time:
- All Visitor Centers.
- All campgrounds and backcountry campsites.
- Chisos Mountains Lodge overnight accommodations.
- All gravel roads and backcountry roads (closed to all entry).
- Rio Grande Village Gas Station and Camper Store.
- Castolon Store
- The Hot Springs Historic Area and all associated trails. (closed to all entry)
- Boquillas Port of Entry.
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.