SAN ANGELO, TX — Glenn Middle School, Lincoln Middle School, and Lone Star Middle School will host optional immunization on clinics in partnership with La Esperanza Clinic Pediatric Health on September 7-9, 2022 to provide San Angelo ISD families accessible opportunities for all students, kindergarten through 12th grade, to obtain Texas-required immunizations.
Immunizations available on-site at the clinics will include Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR), Chickenpox (VAR), Diphtheria/Tetanus/Pertussis (DTAP), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDAP), Meningococcal (MCV), Polio (IPV), and Hepatitis A and B.
Dates, Times and Locations:
- Glenn Middle School: Wednesday, September 7, 2022 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. in the mobile clinic located at the front of the campus
- Lincoln Middle School: Thursday, September 8, 2022 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. in the mobile clinic at the front parking lot
- Lone Star Middle School: Friday, September 9, 2022 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. inside the campus by entering through the front door
- Students/families can attend immunization clinics at any campus. It does not have to be their home campus.
Additional details include:
- No pre-registration is required, and walk-ins are welcome
- A parent or guardian must accompany students
- Please bring picture IDs, student shot records and insurance cards. Picture ID must be presented to receive immunizations
- Payment information:
- Please bring insurance information if your student is covered by a health insurance provider. If you are submitting insurance, no payment is required at the time of service, but you must bring your insurance card
- If your student does not have health insurance, parents/guardians will need to sign consent paperwork prior to immunizations and pay a fee of $13.75 per immunization
- If payment cannot be made, immunizations can still be received.
- Personal check, debit, or cash payments accepted
- La Esperanza staff will administer the immunizations
For more information on immunization requirements, please click here. Here are the vaccine Requirements for students grades K–12 from the Texas Department of State Health Services website:
Kindergarten - 6th grade:
- DTAP: 4 or 5 doses (If 4 doses the 4th dose must have been received on or after your child’s 4th birthday. If 5 doses the 5th dose must have been received on or after your child’s 4th birthday.)
- Polio/IPV: 3 or 4 doses (If 3 doses the third dose was received on or after your child’s 4th birthday. If 4 doses the 4th date must have been received after your child’s 4th birthday.)
- Hep A: 2 doses (First dose must be on or after your child’s 1st birthday and 2nd dose must have been received 6 months after the first dose.)
- Varicella: 2 doses (1st dose must have been received on or after your child’s 1st birthday.)
- MMR: 2 doses (1st dose must have been received on or after your child’s 1st birthday.)
- Hep B- 3 doses
7th - 12th grade:
- All immunization requirements noted for Kindergarten - 6th grade
- TDAP: 1 dose. (TD is acceptable in place of TDAP if a medical contraindication to pertussis exists.)
- Meningococcal (MCV4)- 1 dose
If you chose to submit an Affidavit of Exemption for Reasons of Conscience, please be mindful that the school district must be given the original affidavit and it is only good for two years.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to review the shot record they submitted to the school to ensure all the appropriate vaccines are documented and submit an updated record if needed. If a child is missing immunizations, the child’s school nurse will be sending a letter home so parents are encouraged to check child’s backpack and/or mail box.
For questions or concerns about immunizations or the immunization clinics at our San Angelo ISD middle schools, please contact your child’s school nurse at the campus they attend.
San Angelo ISD is partnering with La Esperanza to provide this opportunity to families for convenience and accessibility. The health, safety and well-being of our students, staff and San Angelo Community continues to be our guiding priority. The school district stated its staff appreciates the support and collaboration with La Esperanza Clinic in providing this opportunity to their families.