Covid Hospitalizations Remain Low in West Texas As Infections Surge

SAN ANGELO, TX –– Even as Covid infections continue to steadily increase in San Angelo, hospitalizations in the local trauma area remain low.

According to the Texas Department of State Health Services Covid-19 Dashboard, hospitalization levels due to coronavirus in West Texas are varied. Only one area in West Texas has risen above the 15 percent threshold used to determine mask mandates and occupancy limits.

As of December 26th, Trauma Service Area K reported a 2.06% –– making the San Angelo area one of the lowest percentages in the entire state. The area serves approximately 170,000 people.

Trauma Service Area K includes the counites of Coke, Concho, Crockett, Irion, Kimble, Mason, McCulloch, Menard, Reagan, Runnels, Schleicher, Sterling, Sutton, and Tom Green.

Trauma Service Area D, which includes the City of Abilene, reported a 4.17% rate in the same time frame. This TSA serves an area of more than 300,000 people.

Trauma Service Area J, which includes the cities of Midland and Odessa, has reported a 6.38% hospitalization rate. The area, which covers 18 counties and serves 470,000 residents.

Hospitalizations in Trauma Service Area B, which includes Lubbock, have reported an elevated number. Sitting at 11.36%, the area serving 492,000 residents is inching closer to the fifteen percent threshold.

But of all the areas of West Texas, Trauma Service Area I has one of the highest hospitalizations in the state at 17.01%. with 871,000 residents.

The latest data released by DSHS, a total of 2,903 new infections have been confirmed in the last seven days in Trauma Service Areas B, D, J, K & I  combined.

West Texas Covid-19 Hospitalizations Over 7 Days

West Texas Covid-19 Hospitalizations Over 7 Days

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.

Required

Most Recent Videos

Comments

ME Someone, Tue, 12/28/2021 - 15:52

Even trump says take the vaccine(s) and don't doubt is effectiveness, he even talks up regeneron (Monoclonal Antibody Treatment), saying all of these are "historic" and have saved "tens of millions of lives"

"You are playing right into their hands when you doubt the vaccine" -Trump

ME Someone, Tue, 12/28/2021 - 16:30

I am willing to admit when those I don't support are right about something. I am not some petty child that has to draw a line in the sand on every single subject.

Haha good one! Turns out Trump was right about a lot of things. About the virus being produced in a lab in China. About the effectiveness of treatments like hydroxychloroquine and monoclonal antibodies. About the need to keep schools and businesses open instead of imposing draconian mandates and bowing down to the teacher’s union ;)

ME Someone, Wed, 12/29/2021 - 16:23

So you don't care if school children get sick and die? Yeah, you are definitely a republican.

I am sure you are going to deflect by bringing up something completely unrelated.

Typical brainwashed leftist ideologue it’s for the CHILDREN lol. Far more damage has been done to them because of the shutdowns…especially the poor and disadvantaged who are affected the most ;)

ME Someone, Wed, 12/29/2021 - 17:20

Do you have any proof of this? Or are you just making things up like it has been proven you do in the past?

ME Someone, Wed, 12/29/2021 - 18:14

cartoon form\

I found a cartoon that you may be able to understand.

Gotta be the most ignorant thing I’ve seen in quite a while…very indicative of how the brainwashed leftist ideologue mind works ;)

ME Someone, Wed, 12/29/2021 - 23:21

MORE poor attempts at insults. I wonder if this is the only way you know how to communicate is to poorly attempt to put people down. It would be interesting to see you attempt to have a conversation with real people.

Not an insult the truth. So what am I to understand about your silly cartoon…that wanting kids back in school is like sending them into a burning building that’s IGNORANT.

ME Someone, Wed, 12/29/2021 - 17:41

I want to know where you got your information and what specific article(s) you read. I can't google to find what you have read.

Once again, you fail to provide evidence of your position, so therefore you can be dismissed as a liar, as I have proven numerous times before.

ME Someone, Wed, 12/29/2021 - 17:56

I can google what you said to google, but google won't tell which of the results YOU have read.

I want to know the specific articles YOU have read to get your information.

ME Someone, Wed, 12/29/2021 - 17:42

I want to know where you got your information and what specific article(s) you read.

ME Someone, Wed, 12/29/2021 - 17:57

Poor attempts at insults means I am right and you have nothing to back up what you are saying, thank you for conceding, I accept your loss.