ODESSA, TX – The Permian Basin's Coronavirus case count continues to soar as Midland and Ector County alone have 3,536 total cases of COVID-19.
According to the Midland Health Department, on July 16, the county has reported 1,339 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic. So far only 475 patients have recovered from the virus leaving 839 cases still active. 25 patients have died due to COVID-19 complications.
In Odessa, the Ector County Health Department has reported 2,197 cases of Coronavirus with 911 of those patients released from quarantine. There are currently 1,264 active cases of COVID-19 in Ector County. 22 people from Ector County have died from the Coronavirus.
According to CBS 7, other small counties in West Texas are experiencing case spikes. Here is a list of some of those counties:
- Pecos County Total = 80 confirmed | 60 are recovered | 1 patient has died
- Andrews County Total = 181 confirmed | 77 are recovered | 2 patients have died
- Brewster County Total = 165 confirmed | 149 are recovered | 2 patients have died
- Crane County Total = 64 confirmed | 22 are recovered | 10 patients have died
- Reeves County Total = 107 confirmed | 63 are recovered | 1 patient has died
- Howard County Total = 76 confirmed | 29 are recovered | 1 patient died
- Ward County Total = 54 confirmed | 19 are recovered
- Winkler County Total = 47 confirmed
- Martin County Total = 28 confirmed
- Presidio County Total = 28 confirmed
- Reagan County Total = 39 confirmed
- Glasscock County Total = 6 confirmed
- Upton County Total = 10 confirmed
- Jeff Davis County Total = 6 confirmed
- Terrell County Total = 2 confirmed
In San Angelo the City's Health Department has reported 1,343 positive cases 802 of those cases are active. For the full numbers click here.