Tips to Staying Warm Through the Winter Chill
SAN ANGELO, TX-- The winter weather came upon us this week and there are things you need to know to prevent, not only a house fire, but to keep you and your loved ones safe.
San Angelo Fire Chief and active Fire Marshall Brian Dunn gave us a few tips on fire prevention:
- Make sure your HVAC units are dust free
- Make sure before using your fireplaces to get your chimney swept first
- Make sure you keep space heaters away from loose items such as curtains, drapes, table cloths etc.
- Make sure not to EVER heat your house with the stove
- Make sure to not overload power strips and extension cords, because they could overheat and start a fire
- Make sure to keep children away from open fire and radiators
Follow these tips and you will have a great winter and a safe one as well.