Rattlesnake Bites Abilene Toddler
Updated 6/27/2018 10:50 a.m. The Abilene toddler bitten by a rattlesnake Tuesday afternoon is reportedly alert in the hospital.
KTXS is reporting the boy was taken to Hendrick Medical Center in Abilene after being bitten at home and was then flown to Cook Children's Medical Center where he was treated with two doses of anti-venom.
He reportedly was alert and had some swelling in his hand.
ABILENE, TX -- Officials in Abilene say a one year old boy was bitten by a rattlesnake in his home Tuesday afternoon.
According to KTXS, the rattlesnake was hiding in the boy's toys.
The toddler was at his home on Zachary Cove in southwest Abilene when he was bitten.
Officials say the boy and the rattlesnake were taken to the hospital. The boy was taken for treatment and the snake was taken for identification.
No information is available at this time on the toddler's condition.
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.