HOLLYWOOD— A visionary filmmaker has dropped the first trailer for his new space opera epic set to hit Netflix this December.
Zack Snyder, director of 300, Watchmen, Man of Steel and Zack Snyder’s Justice League, has revealed the first trailer for his step into the space opera world with a film called “Rebel Moon: The Child of Fire”.
The official synopsis reads:
From Zack Snyder, the filmmaker behind 300, Man of Steel, and Army of the Dead, comes REBEL MOON, an epic science-fantasy event decades in the making.
When a peaceful colony on the edge of a galaxy finds itself threatened by the armies of a tyrannical ruling force, Kora (Sofia Boutella), a mysterious stranger living among the villagers, becomes their best hope for survival.
Tasked with finding trained fighters who will unite with her in making an impossible stand against the Mother World, Kora assembles a small band of warriors — outsiders, insurgents, peasants and orphans of war from different worlds who share a common need for redemption and revenge.
As the shadow of an entire Realm bears down on the unlikeliest of moons, a battle over the fate of a galaxy is waged, and in the process, a new army of heroes is formed.
Rebel Moon was once meant to be a Star Wars movie, which is evident in the trailer. Also, Rebel Moon Part Two: The Scargiver, was shot at the same time and currently has a release date of April 2024.
Rebel Moon’s cast includes:
- Sofia Boutella (Kingsman, Atomic Blonde) as Kora
- Charlie Hunnam (Pacific Rim, Sons of Anarchy) as Kai
- Ray Fisher (Zack Snyder’s Justice League) as Darrian Bloodaxe
- Anthony Hopkins (Thor, Silence of the Lambs) as Jimmy
- Ed Skrien (Deadpool, Alita: Battle Angel) as Admiral Atticus Nobel
- Jena Malone (Sucker Punch, Batman v Superman) as Harmada
- Michiel Huisman (Game of Thrones) as Gunnar
Rebel Moon: The Child of Fire drops on Netflix on December 22, 2023, and Rebel Moon: The Scargiver drops on April 19, 2024.