HOLLYWOOD— The new Martin Scorsese film “Killers of the Flower Moon” has dropped a new trailer.
Based on a true story, Killers of the Flower Moon is based on a book by David Grann. The synopsis reads:
In the 1920s, members of the Osage Native American tribe of Osage County, Oklahoma, are murdered after oil is found on their land, and the FBI decides to investigate.
The mysterious murders caused J. Edgar Hoover and former Texas Ranger Tom White to start an investigation.
The movie is directed by Academy Award winner Martin Scorsese, who has directed incredible crime films in the past including Goodfellas, The Gangs of New York, The Departed, and recently, The Irishman.
Frequent Scorsese collaborator Leonardo DiCaprio also starts in the new film. The cast includes:
- Leonardo DiCaprio (The Wolf of Wall Street, Titanic) as Ernest Burkhart
- Robert De Niro (Joker, Raging Bull) as William Hale
- Lily Gladstone (Reservation Dogs, Under the Bridge) as Mollie Burkhart
- Jesse Plemons (Breaking Bad, Black Mass) as Tom White
- Brendan Fraser (The Whale, The Mummy) as W.S. Hamilton
- John Lithgow (Interseller, The Accountant) as Prosecutor Leaward
- Tantoo Cardinal (Hold the Dark, Red Snow) as Lizzie Q
Also starring is Cara Jade Myers, JaNea Collins, Jillian Dion, William Belleau, Scott Shepherd, Louis Cancelmi, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Tatanka Means, Michael Abbott Jr., Pat Healy, Gary Basarada, and Steve Eastin.
Killers of the Flower Moon is set to release in select theaters on October 6, 2023, and will hit a wide release on October 20, 2023.