City of San Angelo: Camping Reopened at Lake NasworthyPress Release
SAN ANGELO, TX —The City of San Angelo has announced the official reopening of camping at lake parks. Campers will be able to enjoy the camping grounds at Spring Creek Park and Middle Concho Park at Lake Nasworthy.
Campers will be required to follow the guidelines that have been set forth by Governor Greg Abbott. The guidelines are the following:
- Individuals shall avoid groups larger than 10 individuals
- Within these groups try to minimize contact with others who are not from your household
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet of separation from others
- It is recommended, but not required, to wear a mask
- Practice good hand hygiene
- Congregating is prohibited
- Any vehicle (boat, jet ski, etc.) used to transport individuals between places along a river or body of water must be cleaned in between uses
- Individuals aged 65 and older are at a higher risk of COVID-19. It is recommended that they should avoid contact with others and should stay at home as much as possible.
“The City of San Angelo is in the process of developing a reservation system for camping at Spring Creek Park and Middle Concho Park at Lake Nasworthy,” said the city in a press release. “We hope to have this in place by the weekend of July 4. Once in place, users at Lake Nasworthy will need to make reservations to camp at the lake.”
For more information, campers can visit the following link gov.texas.gov/organization/opentexas to find the guidance for Parks/Beaches/Bodies of water.
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.