Today is National Puppy Day
SAN ANGELO, TX – National Puppy day is March 23.
This is the perfect time of the year to show your own puppy some as well as adopt a puppy of your own if you do not have one.
Did you know that (h/t Mashable):
- The word "puppy" has roots in the French language? It stems from "puopée" which is French for "doll."
- Dogs have short pregnancies in order to allow the mother to hunt for food. That means puppies are less developed than other species at birth.
- Puppies lose their baby teeth at 12-16 weeks of age. A puppy's adult teeth are in by the time a dog turns six months old.
- A puppy needs much rest. They are known to sleep 15 to 20 hours per day when very young.
- Puppy sleep is good for them. It aids in developing their brain, body, and immune system.
National Puppy Day was organized by Collen Paige to raise awareness for pet adoptions. She has a website here.
If you would like to adopt a pet, you can go to the Concho Valley Paws located inside the Sunset Mall or at 3142 US HWY 67.
We would love to say your puppy so comment on them below or on our social media.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.