Violent Armed Suspect Barricades Himself in Army Reserve Facility After Shooting at Cops


LUBBOCK, TX – One person is in custody following a SWAT Standoff at the U.S. Army Reserve Center, located at 301 Regis St. near Lubbock.

According to a press release from the Lubbock Police Department, on Nov. 26, 48-year-old Gene Solis exited the reserve center on his own accord just before 9 a.m. and was taken into custody. This stand-off lasted nearly six hours. 

Originally, Solis made contact with an LPD officer indicating he was suicidal and homicidal toward another individual. After attempts to deescalate the situation, officers responded to the residence of the individual and located Solis in the area. Officers attempted to make a traffic stop, but Solis fled, leading to a pursuit, which was cancelled due to public safety concerns.

Solis then drove to Hale Center, where he was involved in an additional pursuit. He proceeded drove to the reserve center, arriving at approximately 3:30 a.m. Nov. 25. While continuing surveillance on the center, Solis exited and shot at officers. SWAT was also called to respond.

LPD SWAT and Negotiators, along with FBI SWAT and Negotiators, continued to make contact with Solis throughout the day Nov. 25 and through the night. Negotiations were successful this morning, leading to Solis exiting the building.

The Lubbock County Sheriff’s Office and the Texas Department of Public Safety also assisted.

Subscribe to the LIVE! Daily

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.


Most Recent Videos

Post a comment to this article here:

X Close