ODESSA, TX – A suspect accused of assaulting a police officer with a stolen vehicle is facing multiple charges.
According to the Odessa Police Department, officers were investigating a stolen vehicle in the 200 block of E. 27th Street early Wednesday morning.
As officers investigated the vehicle, Franco drove through the garage door. He struck a police vehicle and grazed an officer.
Officers discharged their weapons in the direction of the suspect, but he was able to flee the scene.
Franco then abandoned the vehicle in north Odessa.
Officers arrested Franco on Thursday evening.
He faces the following charges:
- 4 counts of Aggravated Assault Against a Public Servant
- 2 counts of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon
- 2 counts of Accident Involving Injury
- Criminal Trespassing with a Deadly Weapon
- Evading Arrest
- Evading Arrest with a Vehicle
- Unauthorized Use of a Vehicle.