BRADY, TX – The Texas DPS released more information Monday regarding the drug bust that occurred Friday in the heart of Texas.
As previously reported, on Apr. 30, nearly 30 people were arrested in Brady during a drug trafficking sting operation led by the Drug Enforcement Agency. For the original story see: DEA Takes Down Major Drug Ring in the Heart of Texas
New information released by the Texas DPS states that the suspects were trafficking methamphetamine.
During the operation, run by DPS special agents, 16 people were arrested. Here are those people.
- Roger Hollis Miller, 63, of Brady, TX;
- Jasmine Jonelle Perez, 26, of Brady, TX;
- Brenda Sue Hinds, 41, of Brady, TX;
- John David Gonzales, 29, of Brady, TX;
- Brittany Leann Crowder, 34, of Brady, TX;
- Timothy Scott Richardson, 30, of Brady, TX;
- Jeffery Dennis Wiley 33 of Brady, TX;
- Jessica Nicole Davis, 26, of Brady, TX;
- Jeffery Allen Friar, 27, of Brady, TX;
- Tina Jeanette Quillium, 49, of Brady, TX;
- Paul William Smith, 49, of Brady, TX;
- Joe Prudencia Castenuela, 48, of Brady, TX;
- Abel Castenuela Rodriguez, 42, of Brady, TX;
- Racheal Nicole Davenport, 34, of Brady, TX;
- Charles Leon Cook Jr., 34, of Brady, TX; and
- Alain Alfredo Valencia-Mendez, 32, of Brownwood, TX.
There were also a number of people who were already in jail that were also served indictments following the investigation into this drug ring:
- Larry James Brian, 47, of Brady, TX;
- Valerie Solis, 39, of Brady, TX;
- Justin Dunway Friar, 31, of Brady, TX;
- Jimmy Clarence Hinds, 48, of Brady, TX;
- Joshua Keith Friar, 39, of Brady, TX;
- Ty Thomas Taylor, 24, of Brady, TX; and
- Jennifer Marie Huro, 40, of Brady, TX.
The 15-month investigation was led by DPS Criminal Investigations Division (CID) Special Agents. The Texas Highway Patrol, Texas Rangers, McCulloch Sheriff’s Office, Brady Police Department, San Antonio Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), San Angelo Police Department, Menard County Constables Office, Brownwood Police Department and the 452nd District Attorney’s Office were also involved in the operation.