San Angelo Police Announce Partnership for Real-Time Crime, Safety UpdatesPress Release
SAN ANGELO, TX -- (SAPD Press Release) The San Angelo Police Department announced on Tuesday it has joined the free Neighbors app by Ring to provide the San Angelo community with real-time, local crime and safety information.
The Neighbors has millions of users and has been instrumental in catching package thieves, stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe.
Residents can text ‘StaySafe’ to 555888 from their smartphone to download the Neighbors app for free on iOS and Android and use the app to; join their neighborhood, share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from their neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team. For more information visit www.ring.com/neighbors.
“I am a proponent of citizens using video technology as an effective way to deter crime on their property and in their neighborhoods," Police Chief Frank Carter said. "Easily installed and affordable video cameras are readily available to the consumer. The increased use of cameras has already resulted in solving several criminal cases, and aided in the identification of thieves in our community. The San Angelo Police Department is proud to have collaborated with Ring by joining the Neighbors App. This app will provide the San Angelo community with real-time local crime and safety information. It is a virtual neighborhood watch. Citizen safety is always a priority for us.”
Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring, said: “We’re excited to have the San Angelo Police Department join Neighbors to keep their community up-to-date on local crime and safety information. Over the past few years we have learned that, when neighbors, the Ring team and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities. Neighbors is meant to facilitate real-time communication between these groups, while maintaining neighbor privacy first and foremost. By bringing security to every neighbor with the free Neighbors app, the San Angelo community can stay on top of crime and safety alerts as they happen.”
How It Works:
- Download the Neighbors app on iOS and Android here: download.ring.com/neighbors or by texting ‘StaySafe’ to 555888 from your smartphone.
- Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
- Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
- Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
- View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
- Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
- Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.