Man Arrested for Assaulting a SAPD Officer Over the Weekend
SAN ANGELO, TX -- Over the weekend 55 people were arrested in Tom Green County. Some of the more severe charges included an assault of a public servant and a shoplifter with an outstanding warrant for assault with a deadly weapon.
Noe Gonzalez Ramirez, 51, was arrested by San Angelo Police Department officers after responding to the 1200 block of Koberlin St. for reports of an assault on Sunday morning.
When police arrived on the scene, Ramirez refused to cooperate and proceeded to take his shirt off and yelled "shoot me" while aggressively approaching an officer. He then assaulted an officer causing minor injury, according to the SAPD arrest blotter.
Ramirez was subsequently arrested and booked into the Tom Green County Jail just before 11 a.m. on Sunday. His bond is set at $10,000.
SAPD officers arrested Benito Vanegas Jr., 42, after responding to the Walmart on Sherwood way for a report of a shoplifter on Saturday afternoon.
Vanegas was arrested for failure to identify fugitive from justice, theft class C, and warrants for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and assault causes bodily injury family violence.
Vanegas was subsequently booked into the jail at 5:35 p.m. on a $86,000 bond.
Of the arrests made over the weekend, 29 were arrested for new complaints, 15 for warrants, and 11 for both complaints and warrants.
The following is a list of those charges.
- Issuance of Bad Check: 9
- Fta: 3
- Aggravated Assault w/ deadly weapon: 1
- Assault causing bodily injury family violence: 2
- Fail to identify fugitive from justice: 3
- Driving while license invalid w/previous conviction: 4
- No Driver’s License: 1
- Fail to stop entering roadway: 1
- ICE Hold: 1
- Vpta: 1
- Comm: 1
- Driving while license invalid: 2
- Criminal trespass: 2
- Driving while intoxicated: 5
- Assault causing bodily injury: 1
- Unlawful carry of a weapon: 1
- Cpf: 20
- Possession of marijuana: 3
- Assault Public Servant: 1
- Fleeing Police Officer: 1
- Display Fictitious License Plate, CLB: 1
- Possession of Dangerous Drug: 1
- Forgery Financial Instrument: 1
- Possession of controlled substance: 2
- Theft of property: 5
- Theft Class C: 2
- Minor possessing alcohol: 1
- Possession/delivery of drug paraphernalia: 3
- Possession of drug paraphernalia: 1
- Public Intoxication: 4
- Failure to appear: 2
- Criminal Nonsupport: 1
- Harassment/Threats: 1
- Evading Arrest Detention: 2
- No driver license: 2
- Pedestrian Walking with traffic: 1
- Speeding: 1
- Fail to Identify fugitive intent to give false information: 1
- Proh Weapon Knuckles: 1
- Forgery Financial Instrument Elder: 1