San Angelo Woman & Pets Survive Intense House Fire Friday Morning


SAN ANGELO, TX - A home near the intersection of Veck St & N Archer St was consumed by flames, ruining the property early Friday morning. 

San Angelo LIVE! visited the scene and spoke with the homeowner. 


She said that the fire started after she was trying to raise the flame on her propane heater when a nearby piece of paper ignited. 

“It happened so fast,” the homeowner who asked to stay anonymous said. 

She also said that the fire started at about 6:30 a.m. on Friday, March 1. 


“I saw my dogs shivering, and I said, ‘Let me turn on the heater,’” she said. 

There was a building in the back of the property that was untouched, for the most part, and she said that is where she would be staying temporarily. 

Smoke was still rising from some of the burnt wood when reporters arrived on the scene. 


Subscribe to the LIVE! Daily

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.


Most Recent Videos

Post a comment to this article here:

X Close