WATCH: Mailman Calls in Fire That Damages San Angelo Home
SAN ANGELO, TX – Fire damaged a rental home in southeast San Angelo Thursday afternoon after a mailman called in a possible fire after seeing smoke.
The residence in the 900 block of Murphy St. was called in around 1:45 p.m.
Watch video from the scene:
"I was driving around doing my job and saw smoke. At first I thought it was just someone just lit a fire in their fireplace but then I realized it was actually on fire so I called it in." said the unidentified mailman at the scene.
San Angelo Fire Department 'C' shift Battalion Chief Fred Barnet said no one was home and no one was injured.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation by the Fire Marshals Office. Barnett says it appears to have been related to the fireplace.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.