WATCH: One Man Burned in Another Trailer House Fire in Grape Creek
GRAPE CREEK, TX – One man suffered burn injuries Sunday afternoon in a house fire in Grape Creek which scanner reports indicate was completely involved.
The trailer was located in the 7200 block of Moon Lane.
Watch video from the trailer fire scene:
Volunteer Fire Fighters from Grape Creek, Carlsbad, and Quail Valley were the first responders.
One man was transported to the hospital reportedly suffering from burn injuries.
No word yet on what started the fire.
This is a developing story; we will update it as new information becomes available..UPDATE: Sunday, 8 p.m.: Statement from First Responders: At approximately 3:50pm, Grape Creek Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to the 7000 block of Moon Ln., in Grape Creek, for a report of a structure fire. Upon arrival of initial fire units, firefighters found a double wide mobile home fully involved with heavy smoke and fire throughout the entire home. The house fire was caused by a debris burn that was initially being conducted in the front yard of the house, in close proximity to the front porch of the home. The debris fire spread from the front yard, to the attached front porch, causing the the home to quickly ignite, with flames spreading underneath the home and throughout the interior of the home. 2 people were home at the time of the fire. 1 adult male was taken by ambulance to a local hospital for serious burns. 1 toddler was left uninjured. The home was a complete loss. Units from Carlsbad VFD, Quail Valley VFD, and the American Red Cross also responded to the scene of fire. Grape Creek VFD would like to remind citizens of the county wide burn ban that is in place, and there is absolutely no outdoor burning is allowed at this time.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.