Five Dogs Die in Early Morning Mobile Home Fire
ABILENE, TX -- A fire in a North Abilene killed five dogs this morning.
According to KTXS, on July 2 at around 3:15 a.m. the Abilene Fire Department responded to a structure fire at the 100 block of Meadowlark Dr.
When firefighters arrived they found a mobile home that was completely engulfed in flames.
No people were hurt in the fire but five dogs that were inside of the mobile home died.
The AFD says that the the fire occurred due to a failure in the electrical system. The estimated damage will cost $40,000.
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.