Tinseltown San Angelo Will Reopen This MonthPress Release
SAN ANGELO, TX — San Angelo’s Cinemark Tinseltown USA has announced it will be reopening on Tuesday, August 25th with enhanced safety measures.
“As we begin thoughtfully reopening theatres, the health and well-being of our guests, employees, and communities is a top priority,” said the company in a statement. “You will notice greatly enhanced cleanliness, sanitizing, and safety measures at every step of your movie-going experience.”
The following cleaning measures have been implemented:
- These areas will be sanitized at least every 30 minutes: Concession stands, kitchens, restaurants, and bars, including countertops, food-prep areas, drink stations, napkin dispensers, and check-out areas.
- Restrooms will be extensively disinfected every morning and sanitized every 30 minutes during operating hours, including door handles, toilets, handles, sinks, countertops, soap dispensers, faucets, and baby-changing stations.
- Other high-touch areas throughout the theatre, including door handles, handrails, self-ticketing kiosks, and box-office countertops.
- All auditoriums will be extensively disinfected using pressurized sprayer equipment to reach all seats, handrails, armrests, tables, footrests, and cup holders.
- Any seat that is occupied will be sanitized again before the next show time, as well as adjacent seats, handrails, and children’s booster seats.
Supply Of Hand Sanitizer & Seat Wipes:
- Hand sanitizers will be placed at the box office and active concession stand registers. Seat wipe dispensers have also been added to centrally located in hallways outside the auditoriums.
Multi-Faceted Approach To Air Quality
- Increased fresh-air rate by adding purge cycles and constantly using supply fans to increase the total volume of fresh, outside air flowing into theatres.
- Optimal air circulation by diffusing air from the ceiling down toward the floor where it is then returned to the air filtration equipment.
- Elimination of pollutants by utilizing MERV filters in HVAC systems throughout every theatre to capture the majority of particles and pollutants.
- Vacuums will also be equipped with HEPA filters identified to be effective in trapping at least 99.97 percent of microscopic particles, including COVID-19.
- All Cinemark employees have been trained in enhanced cleaning, sanitizing & safety measures.
- All employees will be provided with facial masks and gloves to wear during their shifts. Frequent hand washing and changing of gloves are required.
“First 5 Minutes” Wellness Check-Ins:
- Cinemark theatre employees will complete a check-in before their shift, in which the supervisor will ask about their wellness, complete a temperature check, and remind them of any protocol updates.
- Any employee who has a fever or feels ill will not be permitted to work but will be paid a minimum of 2 hours for that shift. The employee may also be eligible for sick pay, reporting pay, PTO, and other paid benefits.
- All theatre employees are taking part in enhanced training on cleaning, sanitizing, and food handling. Additionally, employees are participating in mandatory huddles at the beginning of each shift to reiterate our cleaning and safety protocols.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.