San Angelo Symphony Season Tickets Available Now!Press Release
SAN ANGELO, TX -- For 70 years, the San Angelo Symphony has brought world-class music and education to the Concho Valley and beyond. This season we celebrate music from composers such as Bach and Beethoven, along with exciting performances with the Dallas String Quartet – Electric and Wicked Divas; music from the past and present, but also for the future. Here is what subscribers can look forward to:
- The October 5th opening concert of the season, Dallas String Quartet – Electric, features the international sensation performing with the San Angelo Symphony Strings for a platinum season opening performance like no other. Playing a fusion of classical and contemporary music on both traditional and electric strings, this energetic concert is perfect for the whole family.
- The talented local pianists, Michael Schneider and Steve Keniston, arrive at the performance hall for a night of music’s greats on November 2nd. Take in the rhythmic landscape and graceful lyricism of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5 followed by a guided tour through an enchanted land where lions, kangaroos, and other animals come to life with Saint-Saens’ Carnival of the Animals.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year and there is no better way to celebrate than with your San Angelo Symphony! The beloved holiday concert tradition returns on December 7th and features internationally celebrated Blake Davidson of the Three Redneck Tenors, as well as the popular San Angelo Symphony Chorus alongside the orchestra. Hear festive favorites and enjoy the ever- popular holiday sing-along guaranteed to put you and your family in the holiday spirit.
- Members of the Rhythm Future Quartet take the Murphey Performance Hall stage with bandoneon-accordion virtuoso, Julien Labro, and famed guitarist, Vinny Raniolo, on January 25th in a performance featuring the adventurous and virtuosic musicianship of the young talents. A concert creatively arranged with classical, jazz and Gypsy jazz genres, this show will showcase the well-known standards and original compositions making The Hot Club of San Angelo a must see concert of the season.
- We’re going to have a wicked good time with the Wicked Divas on March 7th! A concert of musical theatre showstoppers with the full San Angelo Symphony Orchestra, featuring Broadway star Alli Mauzey and Emmy Award-winner Nicole Parker, who previously starred as Glinda and Elphaba in the Broadway cast of Wicked. Together they will showcase the depth of their high-flying talents and conjure up an exciting evening of favorites including Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, Chicago, Funny Girl and more.
- Completing our season on a high note, The Music of Queen is coming to the ASU Junell Center on April 18th and “will rock you” with a one-of-a kind tribute to one of the most iconic bands in history. Featuring your San Angelo Symphony Orchestra and amplified with a full band complete with Brody Dolyniuk’s soaring vocals, the ensemble captures Queen’s distinct sound in this electrifying symphonic performance.
The San Angelo Symphony Society has served the people and businesses of the Concho Valley by elevating its cultural climate in numerous ways. We believe in giving back to the people of this community through our continued work to provide free meaningful outreach programs such as the annual Youth Concerts, Music in Literature, Instrument Petting Zoo and Traveling Trunks. These programs give our children the tools they need to reach their potential, from interactive educational classroom visits to an up-close and personal encounter with a menagerie of musical instruments and TEKS approved curriculum to enhance learning to youth style concerts. The Symphony’s popular program, Know the Score, will return for another season with open selected final rehearsals at the Murphey Performance Hall.
Middle school and high school students, as well as college students are given a unique opportunity to observe a professional ensemble rehearse and also interact with both the Maestro and select musicians from the orchestra. “Know the Score” dates are October 5, 2019, November 2, 2019 and March 7, 2020 from 10am-12:30pm. The Symphony’s Music and Wellness program is an outreach endeavor that taps into the talent, versatility and commitment of local musicians as they perform in small groups or as soloists before aged citizens, a well as their caregivers and family members. The program reaches seniors and individuals with intellectual disabilities in assisted-care facilities, senior centers and retirement communities.
These free performances are an effort to move the Symphony’s work outside of the concert hall and into the realm of special populations who are unable to attend mainstream concerts. The remarkable programming range and the worthwhile educational offerings that you are able to experience from today’s San Angelo Symphony is the product of many factors: talented musicians, organizational strength, innovation and, last but not least, deep community support. When you become a patron, you not only enrich your musical experience with exclusive subscription benefits, you also help to open doors of live symphonic music beyond the concert hall. A season subscription includes tickets to all six concerts and costs only $120. Subscribe today and experience every moment. It’s the platinum 2019-2020 season of your San Angelo Symphony.
For more information or to purchase patron or season memberships, please call (325) 658-5877 or visit our website at, www.sanangelosymphony.org .
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.