San Angelo's Tops Spots to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day
SAN ANGELO, TX – San Angelo may not seem that Irish, but when March 17 rolls around the whole town will get their green on.
St. Patrick's day is on Sunday, March 17 in memory of the Saint's death. St. Patrick was born in Roman Britain, but was kidnaped and taken to Ireland as a slave. St. Patrick escaped to a monastery where he embraced Christianity and became a missionary in Ireland. He later became a bishop and after his death was named the Patron Saint of Ireland.
After his death celebrations were observed but only when the Irish moved to America did the celebration grow. Now people dress in green, drink green colored beer, and show off the decorative four leaf clover. If you don't do these things then consequences may happen such as everyone you see may pinch you. St. Patty's day is also notoriously famous for the leprechaun, so here are ways you can find your pot of gold.
San Angelo will have multiple places where you can get you green beer. Twin Peaks, Shenanigans, Parrot's Head Tavern, and Fiddle Strings will all be serving green beers.
- Twin Peaks will be serving Green Beers as well as hosting a St. Patty's Party.
- Shenanigans will be having $3 domestics $4.50 shot of Jameson.
- Fiddlestrings will be have $2.50 domestics and $4 shots of Jameson as well as free shepard's pie.
- The Tilted Mug will be having a karaoke night with $2.50 pints, multiple shot specials, and corn beef hash.
- So. Co. Brewery will be having $3 pints and free corn beef hash.
- Chadbourne Tavern will be having $3 pints and $1 wells.
- Fat Boss will be having $2 pints, $3 Guinness, $5 Jameson, and $7 Irish trashcan.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.