Girl Scouts Cookies On Sale Again
SAN ANGELO, TX -- The Girl Scouts of Troop 5126 started their annual girl scout cookie drive on Wednesday.
The troop led by Stephanie Fisher will be raising money for a trip to the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi and a trip to the beach this summer. While selling these boxes troops have the ability to earn up to 80 cents per box. They will also use some of the money earned towards the Cadette Silver Award. These awards are the highest award a girl scout cadette can receive.
The girls selling the cookies will be from the ages of 5-18. Kindergarten through 1st grade are called Daisies, 2nd through 3rd grade are called brownies, 4th trough 5th grade are called juniors, 6th through 7th grade are called cadette, 9th through 10th grade are called seniors, and 11th through 12th graders are called ambassadors.
The campaign will last from January 16 until February 24, and they will be selling nine different types of cookies.
- Thanks-a-lots, shortbread cookie dipped in rich fudge and topped with an embossed thank you message in 5 different languages.
- Girl Scout S’mores, graham cracker double dipped in creme icing and a chocolate coating.
- Lemonades, shortbread cookie with a layer of lemon flavored icing. Shortbread, traditional shortbread cookie.
- Thin Mints, chocolate wafers dipped in a mint chocolately coating.
- Peanut Butter Patties, vanilla cookies layer with peanut butter and covered with a chocolate coating.
- Caramel Delights, vanilla cookies topped with caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconut and chocolate stripes.
- Peanut Butter Sandwich, crisp and crunchy oatmeal cookies with creamy peanut butter filling.
- Caramel chocolate chip, gluten free, caramel and chocolate with a hint of sea salt in a chewy cookie.
Also if you are vegan Thanks-a-Lots, Girl Scout S'mores, Lemonades, Thin Mints, and Peanut Butter Patties are all vegan friendly. The Peanut Butter Sandwichs are pet friendly.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.