Hampton's BBQ Food Trailer Shuts Down Operation in Downtown San Angelo
SAN ANGELO, TX -- The Hampton's BBQ food trailer is shutting down its location in downtown San Angelo.
According to a Facebook post, Friday, Jan. 11 is the last day for the Hamptons BBQ to serve at their current location at 229 N. Chadbourne St.
Courtney and Jaton Hampton will be back in business Feb. 1 at the Concho Pearl Icehouse according to owner John Young.
According to the Hampton's BBQ Facebook, "We have decided that Friday, January 11th will be our last day of business out of our food trailer for now.
The weather is not in our favor and we have learned from last year that it’s not feasible or healthy to stay open throughout the winter. However, we are still available for caterings, big or small."
"When one door closes another one always open. We are very honored and excited to announce that The Hamptons BBQ will be collaborating with The Concho Pearl Icehouse this spring! The Concho Pearl will be open for live music and great food on Friday, February 1st."
Young said the uncertainty of the new food truck regulations played a part in the decision.
The Hamptons will be the executive chefs for the Concho Pearl Icehouse at 1605 S. Chadbourne St.
Young says the Icehouse will continue to have live music on the patio, the extensive bar inside and the Hamptons will prepare food in the existing kitchen.
According to Ashley Turner with the Concho Pearl Icehouse, they have booked live music for Friday and Saturday nights beginning Feb.1.
Young says they will reevaluate plans after the new food truck regulations go into place.
Young said they discussed using a food truck or trailer to service the patio area but will wait to see how the new regulatory environment works out.
Turner said for now they will be focusing on food truck-like walk up food service while the Hamptons work on menu items.
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.