ICYMI: Skip the Stress of Holiday Cooking with These Local Restaurants
SAN ANGELO, TX-- The Thanksgiving holiday can be a stressful time from making sure the meats are cooked right to having all of the sides come out perfect.
Luckily for San Angeloan's a number of restaurants will be open Thanksgiving Day.
Whether it's BoBo's for breakfast, Miss Hattie's for lunch or Golden Corral for dinner you can have a full Turkey and dressing meal without having to slave over a hot stove all day to get one.
With the holiday season moving ever more toward quick fixes and advance shopping, it’s not surprising that a recent bit of research from the National Restaurant Association (NRA) found that 33 million Americans will rely on restaurants for all or part of their Thanksgiving meals this year.
With Angelo State University reaching 10,000 students last fall, there are a number of students who are not able to travel back home for their family Thanksgiving.
Luckily our hospitable town is dedicated to serving those who want to have that home-style feel to go along with a traditional home-style meal.
Here is a list of all of the restaurant that will be having Thanksgiving meals.
- McGowens Rio Concho Manor- Thanksgiving buffet, 10:45 a.m. - 1:45 p.m.
- Peppercorn Grill, 11:00 a.m.- 3 p.m., On FM-2288 & Violet St. : Serving a delicious buffet of carved turkey and many traditional thanksgiving sides
- Miss Hattie’s Restaurant—Thanksgiving buffet, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m 26 E Concho Ave.
- Kenny Blanek's, 6 a.m,-2 p.m., 2100 W Beauregard Ave: Serving a traditional Thanksgiving meal with all of the fix-in's!
- Dunbar East—breakfast/open menu, 6:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. 1728 Pulliam St.
- Golden Corral, 9:30 a.m.–9 p.m., 4387 W Houston Harte Expy: serving a Thanksgiving style buffet
- Grand China Buffet–traditional Thanksgiving and Chinese food, 11:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Bo-Bo's, 6:30 a.m.-12 p.m., 1117 W Beauregard Ave
- Denny's, 24 hours, 427 W Ave I: Regular menu, but order Thanksgiving meal online 24 hours in advance
- IHop, 24 hours, 4302 College Hills Blvd.
- Shenanigans, 11-2am, Bar Only, 3250 Sherwood Way, San Angelo, TX 76901