SAPD Creates Safe Trade Zone at HeadquartersPress Release
SAN ANGELO, TX -- (Press Release) To assist our citizens with child custody arrangements and online exchanges, the San Angelo Police Department has designated two parking spots as a “Safe Exchange Zone” at Police Headquarters.
The spots are located towards the southeast side of the north (public) parking lot, 401 E. Beauregard. The Safe Trade Zone will be up and running for public use on Friday, July 20, 2018.
Although the Department’s Headquarters parking lot has been informally used for years to make child custody exchanges, the Department is publicly inviting parents and guardians as well as online buyers and sellers to use this newly designated area for in-person exchanges.
The Safe Exchange Zone is designated by signs and will be well-lit at all hours of the day so that members of the public can trade legal items, including internet sales, or conduct child custody exchanges in a safe atmosphere promoted by our police-protected and camera-monitored environment.
If you cannot use the San Angelo Police Department’s Safe Exchange Zone, please always keep these safety tips in mind:
- Use a public parking lot that is well-lit and under surveillance.
- Never go alone, there is safety in numbers! Bring a friend or family member with you.
- Always let others, friends or family, know where you are going, what you are doing, and what time you are meeting.
- Don’t meet at your home and never agree to transactions occurring at night.
- Call 911 immediately in an emergency!