House Destroyed in Early Morning Blaze
SAN ANGELO, TX — A structure fire in the wee hours of the morning destroyed a single-family residence in the 500 block of Baker St., leaving a family of three without a home.
The San Angelo Fire Department responded to the fire at 3:15 a.m. According to a witness on the scene, a parent awoke early in the morning to get a glass of water and discovered the fire fairly involved. The home was occupied by a family of three. All of them escaped the burning home unharmed.
This morning, City of San Angelo crews were tearing down what was left of the structure because the Fire Marshal has determined that the house was unstable and a safety hazard.
The location of the fire:
Joanna Jackson from the City Fire Marshal’s office said they have not discovered the cause of the blaze yet. Three engines responded to the fire this morning.
Red Cross has provided the family housing assistance.