San Angelo State Park
San Angelo State Park is a Texas state park in San Angelo, Texas in the United States. It encompasses 7,677 acres (3,107 ha) leased by Texas Parks and Wildlife Department from the United States Army Corps of Engineers. It opened in 1995 and is located on the shores of the O.C. Fisher Reservoir.
The O.C. Fisher Reservoir was completed in 1952 by the United States Army Corps of Engineers with assistance from the Upper Colorado River Authority for the purpose of flood control and to provide secondary source of drinking water for San Angelo and the surrounding communities. The land surrounding it, which now makes up the area of the park, was leased to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Departmentand opened as San Angelo State Park in 1995. Native Americans, according to archeological findings, had lived in the area for 18,000 years starting with Paleo-American hunters of giant Ice Age mammals. European Americans arrived in the early 16'th century establishing missions for the resident Jumano Indians.