Angelo State Trumpet Ensemble Selected to Perform at Large Texas Music Educators' ConventionPress Release
SAN ANGELO, TX — Angelo State University’s student Trumpet Ensemble has been invited to perform at the annual Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) Conference to be held Feb. 13-16 in San Antonio.
The ASU Trumpet Ensemble members performing at the conference include:
- William DeForest, senior, San Angelo
- (Joseph) Riley Jarabek, junior, San Angelo
- Joseph Torres, sophomore, San Angelo
- Christopher Barrera, freshman, Schertz
- Nickolas Martinez, freshman, San Angelo
- Gabriel Muñoz, freshman, Pflugerville
Dr. John Irish, ASU professor of music, will perform with them as they join with the professional trumpeters, university professors and symphony musicians of the Lone Star Trumpet Guild to perform on Feb. 16 at the San Antonio Convention Center Exhibit Hall Music Showcase.
Their musical program will include:
- “A Hoffnung Fanfare” by Malcolm Arnold
- “Ye Banks and Braes O’Bonnie Doon” by Percy Grainger
- “Handel Water Music” by George Frideric Handel
- *“Forever Rising” by Bernie Scherr
- *“Trumpet Cliché Soufflé” by Andy Patterson
- “Triumphal March” by Edvard Grieg, arranged by Dr. John Irish
- “Trumpets Take Texas” by James Olcott
The TMEA Conference is one of the largest state music conventions in the U.S., with more than 29,000 musicians, educators and family members from around the world expected to attend, including the members of the Lone Star Trumpet Guild, which is the Texas affiliate chapter of the International Trumpet Guild.
The ASU Trumpet Ensemble regularly performs public concerts on the ASU campus and in the San Angelo area, as well as in collaboration with nationally-known artists. The ensemble also performed at the 2018 International Trumpet Guild Conference in San Antonio and the 2018 West Chester University Trumpet Festival near Philadelphia.