Preliminary Investigation in Sweetwater House Explosion Reveals Possible Cause
SWEETWATER, TX -- The State Fire Marshal has concluded their investigation into the explosion at a Sweetwater house that left a family without a home over the weekend.
It's believed that a gas leak and "an accidental fire in the attic caused by the gas leak" is what caused the explosion that left Harry and Viv Littleton's home "a smoldering mess," according to KTXS.
According to the State Fire Marshal, the Littleton's hired a private contractor to work on the gas line recently.
The couple was in the home on Saturday when it exploded. They, along with their dog, walked away with minor scratches.
"We're very blessed, very blessed to be here," Viv told KTXS.
Atmos Energy told KTXS they took readings around the Littleton's neighborhood following the blast and shut gas off at a house with a leak unrelated to the leak that caused the explosion.
Recommended for You
Get more stories like this by signing up for our daily newsletter, The LIVE! Daily.