Christmas at Old Fort Concho has much to see & do!
Lion's Pancakes with Santa, Living History Camps, Shopping & Entertainment, Gingerbread House Contest, Decorated Cookie Contest, Concho Cowboy Company, and Santa’s House.
Kick off the holiday season by visiting Fort Concho’s largest annual event. Held during the first full weekend in December, Christmas at Old Fort Concho transforms the fort’s forty acres and twenty-four buildings into a winter wonderland.
Each day at Fort Concho visitors can experience the Winter Rendezvous, campsites with hundreds of re-enactors and period traders who bring the 1800s to life. During daylight hours the many troops on the Parade Ground will drill, ride, and shoot their weapons. The artillery demonstrations (blanks-of course) will definitely catch your attention!
Inside the fort’s many original buildings, merchants and artisans from across Texas and the Southwest offer many items to start your Christmas shopping.
A Food Court will offer various food options; strolling musicians and staged musical activities will keep the grounds lively, and the Children’s Areas will provide many crafts and activities free for all youngsters.
- Lion's Club Pancake Breakfast starts at 7:30 a.m. Saturday morning until 9 or 10 a.m. or when the batter runs out.
- Authentic 1890s Dance and live music on Saturday night at 7 p.m. Admission is free!
- Cannons will fire on the hour, every daylight hour (except lunch hour) starting at 3 p.m. Friday.
Admission - Weekend Pass
- Adults : $14
- Seniors (60 + ) & Military $10
- Children : $6
- Adults : $7
- Seniors (60 +) & Military : $5
- Children ( 7 to 17 ) : $3
- Friday, December 2 - 3:00 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 3 - 9: 00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 4 - 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
For more information call 325-481-2646 or visit www.fortconcho.com
Fort Concho National Historic Landmark
630 S. Oakes San Angelo, Tx 76903
Proceeds benefit ongoing restoration project and educational programs at Fort Concho National Historic Landmark.