Angelo State University Ensemble Concert
Angelo State University’s student Percussion Ensemble will present its 2018 fall concert on Friday, Nov. 9, in the Carr Education-Fine Arts (EFA) Building, 2602 Dena Drive.
The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the EFA Building’s Eldon Black Recital Hall and is open free to the public. The musical program for the concert will include:
- “Canned Heat” by Eckhard Kopetzki, featuring percussion soloist Tony Aguilar
- “Toccata” by Carlos Chavez
- “Ritual Music” by David Skidmore
- “White Knuckle Stroll” by Casey Cangelosi, featuring marimba soloist Bradley Rawson
- “Rain Dance” by Alice Gomez, featuring marimba soloist Aguilar
- “Sculpture in Wood” by Rudiger Pawassar
- “The Whistler” by George Hamilton Green, featuring xylophone soloist Isaias Torres
The Percussion Ensemble students will perform on marimbas, xylophone, glockenspiel, chimes, crotales, vibraphone, timpani, ocean drum, djembe, drum set, rain stick, concert bass drum, tambourines, conga, bongos, tam tams, cymbals, a coffee can, and many other auxiliary percussion instruments. The ensemble is directed by Trent Shuey, ASU assistant director of bands.