The Receptionist/Cashier works under the general Supervision of the Bookkeeping Supervisor and is responsible for providing administrative support to the Region I office and all bookkeeping functions. The Receptionist/Cashier works at least 40 hours per week in order to accomplish the administrative and general office duties of the department.
THE CONCHO VALLEY CSCD IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT. ALL PERSONS SELECTED FOR POSSIBLE EMPLOYMENT SHALL SUBMIT TO A DRUG SCREEN FOR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT, FAILURE OF THE DRUG SCREENING WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE WITHDRAWAL OF ANY AND ALL OFFERS OF EMPLOYMENT.
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION OF PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES IS CONDUCTED.
DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS ANTICIPATED, ONLY THOSE PERSONNEL TO BE INTERVIEWED WILL BE CONTACTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING FOR THE CONCHO VALLEY COMMUNITY SUPERVISION AND CORRECTIONS DEPARTMENT.
Qualified candidates must complete an application that may be obtained from the Concho Valley CSCD website or the office listed below. Applications will be accepted in person, by mail or by fax.
Concho Valley Community Supervision & Corrections Department Kimberly Badgett, Human Resources Director or Beverly Baity, Human Resources Assistant
3036 N. Bryant Blvd.
San Angelo, TX 76903
The Concho Valley Community Supervision & Corrections Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CONCHO VALLEY COMMUNITY SUPERVISION AND CORRECTIONS DEPARTMENT
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answers all telephone calls and route calls to appropriate personnel. When required,
takes complete information and forwards e-mail messages to appropriate personnel.
2. Must be able to multi-task duties and responsibilities.
3. Greets the public and defendants, notifies staff of arrivals.
4. Enters and scans data into the department computer system
5. Transports and delivers interdepartmental mail and packages.
6. Provides employment applications and job description to potential applicants.
7. Takes defendant pictures to upload into database.
8. Collects money from probationers and maintains accurate records of payments.
9. Prepares and monitors deposits of money collected from probationers into bank
10. Maintains records of money collected from probationers/balance accounts/compiles
11. Responsible for timeliness and accuracy of records to officers and correspondence
regarding payments to probationers.
12. Maintains computer records and compiles reports as needed to meet departmental
13. Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
14. Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues, with defendants, and with the
15. Assigns courtesy (transfer-in) investigations.
16. Enters transfer-in cases in CSS.
17. Complies with the TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics.
Have acquired a high school diploma or GED
Desirable to have completed two years of college work in bookkeeping from a college or
Knowledgeable in the use of word processing software; with the ability to type at least 40
words per minute
Knowledgeable in the use of various photo copying machines and fax machines, and in
the use of multi-line phones
Be able to work independently and efficiently
Possess the skills to effectively communicate orally or in writing
Have basic working knowledge of the Texas Criminal Justice System
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to make rational, justifiable decisions
Ability to take direction and critique from supervisory and administrative personnel
Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho
Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from
another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of
Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached
Must have access to an automobile in good repair that can be used while on duty
Must have the appropriate automobile insurance
OPENING DATE: CLOSING DATE:
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Bookkeeping Supervisor
SALARY: $25,620.00 annually
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-exempt
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: CVCSCD/Bryant Blvd.