The Field Service Officer works under the general supervision of the Supervisor. This position is responsible for providing field services, which includes field contacts with probationers and sentenced offenders, substance abuse testing and other assigned tasks as outlined. Salaries $28,213.00 annually
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform field visits at probationers’ place of residence, employment, or confinement
in accordance with the department and CJAD standards.
2. Obtain breath and urine samples for drug and alcohol testing.
3. Test probationers for controlled substances.
4. Testify in court as required.
5. Drive and maintain departmental vehicles.
6. Monitor probationer/offender’s compliance with court ordered conditions, curfew,
employment/address verification, house arrest, electronic monitoring, and other
7. Enter computer data concerning field contacts, substance abuse testing, and violations
of the conditions of probation/release.
8. Notify supervision staff of violations of the conditions of probation/release.
9. Respond to electronic monitoring notifications of unauthorized exits.
10. Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
11. Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues, with defendants, and with the
12. Complies with the TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics.
Have acquired a High School Diploma or GED, two years of college is preferred.
Be able to work evenings, late nights, and weekends.
Be willing to maintain an effective working relationship with law enforcement agencies and
community supervision staff.
Have the ability to make sound judgments.
Have a good working knowledge of safety guideline procedures or the willingness and ability to
Have a good working knowledge of Texas Probation Law/Limits or the willingness and ability to
Have a valid drivers license and automobile insurance.
Knowledgeable in the use of word processing software; with the ability to type at least 40
words per minute.
Knowledgeable in the use of various photo copying machines and fax machines.
Be able to work independently and efficiently.
Possess the skills to effectively communicate orally or in writing.
Have working knowledge of the Texas Criminal Justice System and Community Supervision and
Please note the state will pay 100% of the medical premium for full-time employee-only coverage and 50% of eligible dependents premiums.
Apply in person at 3036 N Bryant Blvd or online here.
Concho Valley CSCD
3036 N Bryant Blvd
San Angelo, TX 76903
Office: (325) 659-0205
Fax: (325) 658-6346