The Education Specialist works under the guidance of the Program Director and works at least 40 hours per week. Pay is $30,895.00 annually. The Education Specialist will facilitate and monitor the educational progress of CCF residents, explore grant possibilities for educational purposes, and provide reports on the progress of the residents. The Education Specialist will develop programs based upon changing needs and technology.
1. Conducts literacy testing, determines educational level and assesses
educational needs of each resident.
2. Compliments community resources in bringing each resident to at least a 6 th
grade level of literacy.
3. Administers Pre-GED tests.
4. Explores grant possibilities for testing indigent clients, for resident education
beyond high school (vocational schools, trade schools, college, etc.).
5. Monitors educational progress of residents.
6. Maintains statistics on services provided and submits monthly reports.
7. Provides monthly status and progress reports on CCF residents.
8. Provides educational assistance and/or tutoring on an individual or group basis
9. Provides educational assistance and/or tutoring on basic computer skills.
10. Chronos services/classes provided to residents and their progress.
11. Coordinates and schedules residents for outside and in-house educational
assistance from community resources.
12. May transport residents in an emergency situation.
13. Reports any and all personnel issues to the Director.
14. Is knowledgeable of and uses universal precautions when dealing with
15. Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues in the criminal justice
system, with offenders, with victims, and with the public.
16. Complies with CJAD Standards; Residential Code of Ethics; Departmental
policies and procedures.
17. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education
Experience in teaching reading skills, math skills and in tutoring
Be familiar with community education resources and grant processes
Ability to operate various office equipment
Ability to travel as required
Ability to administer CPR and/or first aid in an emergency situation
Be able to work independently and efficiently
Possess skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Please note the state will pay 100% of the medical premium for full-time employee-only coverage and 50% of eligible dependents premiums.
Apply in person at 3036 N Bryant Blvd or online here.
Concho Valley CSCD
3036 N Bryant Blvd
San Angelo, TX 76903
Office: (325) 659-0205
Fax: (325) 658-6346