UPDATE: Wall Co-Op Engulfed in Flames
WALL, TX– The Wall Volunteer Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at the Wall Co-Op Cotton Gin.
The call happened just after 11:00 a.m.
Along with Wall VFD, Carlsbad, Christoval, and East Concho VFDs were on scene to assist with the fires.
Farmers who do business with the Wall Co-Op were on scene with water tanks on trailers to help put out their own cotton they had harvested recently.
An ambulance also arrived on scene, but there is no word of any injuries at this time.
There is no official number as to how many modules of cotton caught fire, but at least an estimated seven modules were burnt.
Update 6:40 p.m.
The Wall Co-Op fire was reported at around 11 a.m. Friday. According to a spokesman from Wall VFD, out of approximately 205 cotton modules, 23 burned. Volunteer fire departments are still at the location fighting the fire, which is still smoldering.
Volunteers split the smoldering modules from those that will be saved to keep the fire from spreading.
Wall, East Concho, Christoval, Eola, and Mereta VFDs helped extinguish the fire.