Law Enforcement Spouses Association Asks for Public Support at Tuesday's City Council MeetingPress Release
SAN ANGELO, TX - This evening, the San Angelo Law Enforcement Spouses Association announced that it's joining SACOP in calling for public support from everyone in the community at this Tuesday's city council meeting on the meet and confer agenda item.
"With no compromise found, and the City set to break its contract with San Angelo's police officers at the end of this month, Tuesday's council meeting will be the last chance for the community to show its support for law enforcement in this dispute," said SALESA. "The City made a promise to San Angelo's police officers that it would get their wages to a level comparable to other cities. The City Administration's continued reluctance to find the funds in their ballooned budget and prioritize the deserved compensation of our police officers deserves to be publicly addressed in council."
SALESA is asking all concerned citizens to either attend Tuesday's meeting and show their support, or to contact their council member and ask them to stand with law enforcement.
Here is that contact list:
- SMD 1: Mayor Dwain Morrison, (325) 656-8154, [email protected]
- SMD 2: Marty Self, [email protected]
- SMD 3: Harry Thomas, (325) 301-2584, [email protected]
- SMD 4: Lucy Gonzales, (325) 340-2667, [email protected]
- SMD 5: Lane Carter, (325) 213-1987, [email protected]
- SMD 6: Charlotte Famer, (325) 212-5183, [email protected]