Premium Sale Buyers Wow Winning Stock Show Exhibitors
SAN ANGELO, TX -- Thousands of live stock show exhibitors flocked to San Angelo over the last three weeks with one goal in mind, to make it to the premium sale with their project animal.
The stock show limits the premium sale to 214 animals. Only the best of the best make the sale and receive a premium for a year long process of raising and training a steer, goat, barrow or lamb. Area businesses donate to the sale and individual donors add money as well for their favorite exhibitor. Many businesses join forces during the premium sale to reward the top exhibitors with the money going to college funds or next year’s animals.
This afternoon in the Auto Wrangler Show and Sale Barn at the San Angelo fairgrounds premium sale buyers spent over $154,000 for the top eight animals. Exhibitors come from almost every county in Texas. Here’s a list of the top exhibitors and their earnings:
- Mikala Grady/Johnson County 4-H, Grand Champion Market Steer $36,000
- Landry Barton/Tom Green County 4-H, Grand Champion Market Goat $28,000
- Brazos Beck/New Home FFA, Grand Champion Market Barrow $15,000
- Karson Neuse/ Comal County 4-H, Grand Champion Market Lamb $16,000
- Aven Horn/Abilene Wylie FFA, Reserve Grand Champion Market Steer $16,000
- Hayden Schroeder/Early FFA, Reserve Grand Champion Market Goat $14,000
- Hudson Hutcheson/Frenship FFA, Reserve Grand Champion Market Barrow $12,000
- Max Fischer/ Burkburnett FFA, Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb $17,300
The Above totals don’t include add on money; money added to the individual exhibitor by friends or family after the bidding is over.
U.S. Congressman Michael Conaway of Midland who also represents San Angelo was on hand for the premium sale.