Your Vote is Your Voice: Last Day to Register to Vote
SAN ANGELO, TX - Today marks the deadline to register to vote and let your voice be heard. Residents of Tom Green County and San Angelo can visit the Voter Registration office located on the first floor of the Edd B. Keyes Building at 113 W. Beauregard Ave. to fill out and submit their registration forms.
There are several options to make sure you are registered to vote. Residents can register to vote by either visiting the Voter Registration office in person or by obtaining a registration form online and submitting it in person or per post. Registration via the Internet is not allowed.
Vona Hudson, Election Administrator at the Tom Green County Voter Registration office, recommends residents still needing to register to vote to “bring [their form] in person, or make sure [the form] is post marked by today, the 11th” for those too far away from the registration office. Residents also have the option to fax their forms to the registration office, as long as they turn in a hard copy of the form within four days.
According to votetexas.gov, powered by the Secretary of State, you are eligible to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
The Voters Registration office will be extending its hours to 6 p.m. tonight and will have the back door facing W. Twohig Avenue open to the public.
For more information on the voter registration process, please call the Tom Green County Registration office at (325) 659-6541, or visit the website at http://www.co.tom-green.tx.us/default.aspx?name=ele.VoterRegistration.