22 San Angelo Central Choral Musicians Advance to All-Region Choir
SAN ANGELO, TX — (Reprinted from SAChoir.org) — This past week, over 50 students from Central High School traveled to Permian High School in Odessa, Texas, to compete in the TMEA Region 6 High School Region Choir Auditions. The auditions were the culmination of months of hard work and intense preparation by the students and directors involved in the competition. Central High School had a very successful day with 22 students earning a spot in one of the two high school region honor choirs, and 14 of those students advancing to the next round of competition in November. With this recent success, the Central High School Choir Department has set a new local record for number of students auditioning, number of students placing in a region choir, and number of students advancing to future competition.
Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA)The Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) sponsors the Texas All-State audition process to promote students' dedication to their musical knowledge and skill and to encourage TMEA member directors to support their students in this development.
All-State is the highest honor a Texas music student can receive. Over 1,700 students are selected through a process that begins with over 64,000 students from around the state vying for this honor to perform in one of 15 ensembles (bands, orchestras, and choirs). This competitive process begins throughout the state in auditions hosted by 33 TMEA Regions. Individual musicians perform selected music for a panel of judges who rank each instrument or voice part. From this ranking, a select group of musicians advance from their region to compete against musicians from other regions in seven TMEA Area competitions. The highest-ranking musicians judged at the TMEA Area competitions qualify to perform in a TMEA All-State music group. These All-State students participate in three days of rehearsals directed by nationally recognized conductors during the annual TMEA Clinic and Convention. Their performances before thousands of attendees bring this extraordinary event to a close.
The All-State audition process for high school choir students leads ultimately to qualification in one of four All-State Choirs that perform at the annual TMEA Clinic/Convention: Treble Choir, Tenor-Bass Choir, Mixed Choir and a Small School Mixed Choir.
Results for San Angelo Central High School Choir
- Shaylee Caudle - Mixed Choir (13th chair, 1st alternate to Pre-Area)
- Makayla Haire - Treble Choir
- Zoe Flores - Treble Choir
- Camille Faught - Treble Choir
- Andrea Thompson - Treble Choir
- Analisa Rios - Mixed Choir (6th chair, advances to Pre-Area)
- Gloria Treviño - Treble Choir
- Leighann Sweet - Mixed Choir (2nd chair, advances to Pre-Area)
- Drew Eisenbach - Mixed Choir (11th chair, advances to Pre-Area)
- Lilli Bright - Treble Choir
- Taylor Powell - Mixed Choir (4th chair, advances to Pre-Area)
- Bethany Wheeler - Mixed Choir (5th chair, advances to Pre-Area)
- Christa Carroll - Mixed Choir (12th chair, advances to Pre-Area)
- Leilani Herrera - Treble Choir
- Vincent Ward - Mixed Choir (12th chair, 2nd alternate to Pre-Area)
- Kaden Wright - Mixed Choir (3rd chair, advances to Pre-Area)
- Alec Richey - Mixed Choir (11th chair, 1st alternate to Pre-Area)
- CJ Banda - Mixed Choir (12th chair, 2nd alternate to Pre-Area)
- Vinh Dinh - Mixed Choir (1st alternate)
- Bryant Cobb - Mixed Choir (2nd chair, advances to Pre-Area)
- Brandon Medina - Mixed Choir (7th chair, advances to Pre-Area)
- Pete Mireles - Mixed Choir (11th chair, 1st alternate to Pre-Area)
Congratulations to all of these students for their hard work. You will be able to hear the TMEA Region 6 High School Honor Choirs in concert on Saturday, November 4, at Permian High School in Odessa.