Now 5 Arrested in Case of Murder of Eric Torrez
SAN ANGELO, TX -- On Tuesday, Tom Green County Sheriff’s Investigators and Texas Ranger Nick Hanna obtained a warrant for the arrest of Stephen Lynn Jennings for the murder of Eric Torrez. The warrant was served on Jennings in the Tom Green County Jail. Jennings' bond has been set at $500,000.00 on the murder charge.
On Wednesday, Tom Green County Sheriff’s Investigators and Texas Ranger Nick Hanna obtained warrants for the arrest of four additional individuals.
David Navarro is charged with the offense of Murder. Navarro was arrested in Presidio County on Wednesday and was transported to San Angelo to be booked into the Tom Green County Jail.
Garry Lynn Jennings, Kristen Jennings and Angella Wray have been charged with Engaging In Organized Criminal Activity - Murder and had warrants issued for their arrest.
On Wednesday, Garry Lynn Jennings, who is currently sitting in the Tom Green County Jail, had conspiracy charges added to his Organized Criminal Activity charge. Kristen Jennings was arrested and transported to the Taylor County Jail last week. She was additionally charged with conspiracy. Angella Wray was arrested in San Angelo and booked into the Tom Green County Jail on the same conspiracy charge as Gary and Kristen Jennings.
The Tom Green County Sheriff's Office said the investigation into the death of Eric Torrez is continuing. Upon completion of the investigation, additional information will be released on the murder Torrez.
The timeline of stories in the disappearance of Eric Torrez:
- Missing Abilene Man Headed Towards San Angelo, Possibly in Danger - 7/26/2017
- Abilene Man Missing Since Friday May Be Victim of Foul Play - 7/27/2017
- Sheriff: Missing Man Eric Torrez Victim of Homicide - 7/28/2017
- UPDATE: Ex-Wife of Missing Abilene Man Transferred to Abilene Jail - 7/29/2017
- Prayer Vigil for Eric Torrez to be Held Tonight - 8/2/2017
- Sheriff Finds Body of Eric Torrez - 8/4/2017