Autopsy Complete on Body of Eric Torrez
SAN ANGELO, TX — The autopsy of the body of Eric Torrez was completed yesterday, Tom Green County Sheriff David Jones confirmed. He said agencies had initiated the procedures to return the body to Torrez’s family.
Jones confirmed that his investigators believe Torrez was killed in Tom Green County, therefore additional charges in this case will likely be filed in Tom Green County courts. He said the local district attorney’s office makes the final determination once the investigation is complete.
Jones did not reveal the exact cause of death.
Torrez went missing July 24 from Abilene in what previous reporting suggests was a dispute with his ex-wife. His body was discovered in a pasture 8 miles south of Barnhart Friday. The Sheriff has three in custody while the investigation continues, including Torrez's ex-wife, Kristen Jennings, who is held in the Taylor County Jail on charges of breaking and entering with intent to commit another felony. Stephen Lynn Jennings, Kristin Jennings' current husband, and Gary Lynn Jennings, Stephen's father, are being held for the offense of tamper or fabricate with physical evidence with intent to impair.
The timeline of stories on the disappearance of Eric Torrez:
- Missing Abilene Man Headed Towards San Angelo, Possibly in Danger - 7/26/2017
- Abilene Man Missing Since Friday May Be Victim of Foul Play - 7/27/2017
- Sheriff: Missing Man Eric Torrez Victim of Homicide - 7/28/2017
- UPDATE: Ex-Wife of Missing Abilene Man Transferred to Abilene Jail - 7/29/2017
- Prayer Vigil for Eric Torrez to be Held Tonight - 8/2/2017
- Sheriff Finds Body of Eric Torrez - 8/4/2017