Family of Eric Torrez "Devastated but Relieved"
SAN ANGELO, TX — In a text message to KTXS, Eric Torrez’s sister who lives in Dallas said she was “devastated but relieved” upon hearing the news her brother’s body was found in Barnhart earlier Friday.
From Abilene to San Angelo, as news spread of the search for the 41-year-old man, both communities poured out their hearts to the family of Torrez. A prayer vigil was held in Sweetwater Wednesday evening to pray for Torrez’s safe return.
As days dragged on, hope was fading. Tom Green County Sheriff David Jones stated he suspected foul play in Torrez’s disappearance. De Loera posted to Facebook earlier Friday, day 14 since Torrez went missing:
“No words can explain how we all are feeling. Everyday you wake up with so much hope and as the day goes on you lose a little... never fully losing hope but the unanswered questions eat you up inside. I keep looking for his truck hoping by some miracle I'll see his face again... or even get that text/call "what ya doing? Where ya at?" Seeing our dad so broken hearted over his son is even more pain. We love you Eric and by every ounce of my being I will not give up on finding you.”
Now that law enforcement has found the body, De Loera was gracious to those who came to her family’s aid in searching and praying for Eric. “We would like to thank everyone for all of their prayers and support. We ask that they continue to pray for his son and daughter and our family as we heal and attempt to find answers,” De Loera said.
The timeline of stories on the disappearance of Eric Torrez:
- Missing Abilene Man Headed Towards San Angelo, Possibly in Danger - 7/26/2017
- Abilene Man Missing Since Friday May Be Victim of Foul Play - 7/27/2017
- Sheriff: Missing Man Eric Torrez Victim of Homicide - 7/28/2017
- UPDATE: Ex-Wife of Missing Abilene Man Transferred to Abilene Jail - 7/29/2017
- Prayer Vigil for Eric Torrez to be Held Tonight - 8/2/2017
- Sheriff Finds Body of Eric Torrez - 8/4/2017