Man Fails to Appear in Court for Arson Charge, Arrested the Following Day
SAN ANGELO, TX – There were 15 arrests made in Tom Green County on Wednesday. One of the arrests was for a man who failed to appear in court for his arson pre-trial hearing on Tuesday morning.
Thomas Edgar Cadena Vasquez, 30, was accused of arson on May 8, 2016 after he intentionally used a cigarette lighter to ignite his mattress and sheets in the room he was admitted to at Shannon Hospital.
After failing to appear in court, Vasquez’s bond was increased from $7,500 to $30,000. The court Clerk subsequently issued a capias warrant for his arrest.
Vasquez was taken into custody by the Tom Green County Sheriff’s Office just before 2 p.m. on Wednesday.
Of the 15 arrests from Wednesday, four were arrested on new complaints, seven for warrants, and four for both complaints and warrants.
Below is a list of those arrests:
- Cpf: 15
- Fta: 2
- Criminal Trespass: 2
- Arson: 1
- Possession of Controlled Substance: 3
- Issuance of Bad Check: 1
- Burglary of a Building: 1
- Operating Unregistered Trailer: 1
- Failure to maintain financial responsibility: 1
- Violate promise to appear: 1
- Theft: 1
- Driving while license invalid w/ previous conviction/suspension: 1
- Disregard Stop Sign: 1
- Driving while intoxicated: 2
- Possession of Marijuana: 1
- Possession Delivery Drug Paraphernalia: 1
- False drug test falsification device: 1
- Parole Violation: 1
- Tamper/fabricate physical evidence with intent to impair: 1