Member of Aryan Brotherhood Arrested in Harris CountyPress Release
AUSTIN, TX- The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Billy Wayne Gilliland, 58, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list. A cash reward of up to $7,500 will be awarded for information leading to his arrest.
Gilliland, a confirmed member of Aryan Brotherhood of Texas gang, is wanted for parole violation and evading arrest detention with a vehicle, according to the DPS press release.
Gilliland received a life sentence for murder in Liberty County in the 1980s, and was released on parole in March 2014.
In October 2016, Gilliland absconded from the halfway house where he was placed in Del Valle, Texas. Gilliland has ties to Liberty County, and also to the cities of Baytown, Conroe and Midway. His criminal history also includes convictions for escape, burglary and drug charges, the DPS press release stated.
For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/fugitiveDetails.aspx?id=358.
According to the press release, Gilliland is 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 180 pounds. He has numerous tattoos on his back, chest, arms and left shoulder. He also may wear glasses.
Texas Crime Stoppers, which is funded by the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division, offers cash rewards to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitives or sex offenders. So far in 2017, Texas Crime Stoppers has paid $15,000 in total rewards for anonymous tips that resulted in arrests.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters must provide information to authorities using one of the five following methods:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters “DPS” – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous, regardless of how they are submitted, and tipsters will be provided a tip number instead of using a name.
The DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to o select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. Those interested can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
DPS urges citizens to never attempt apprehending these fugitives, for they are considered armed and dangerous.
Update: April 18 @ 3:00 p.m.
Billy Wayne Gilliland, 58, is in custody after being captured on April 14 in Harris County.
Working off tip information, DPS Special Agents located and apprehended Gilliland at a residence in Cloverleaf, east of Houston, according to the DPS press release. DPS Troopers and Harris County Sheriff’s Office deputies also assisted in the apprehension.
So far in 2017, DPS and other agencies have arrested five Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitives and Sex Offenders, including two sex offenders and four gang members, and $22,500 in rewards have been paid for tips that resulted in arrests.