Volunteers Kick Down Mobile Home Fire
CHRISTOVAL, TX — A fire involving two mobile homes kept volunteer firefighters from Pecan Creek Volunteer Fire Department busy this morning. The 9-1-1 call happened at approximately 10 a.m. this morning for a structure fire at the intersection of Pecan Creek Rd. at Mahone Ln. , about 5 miles south of San Angelo off U.S. 277.
'Fire Chief Dusty Thompson of the Pecan Creek VFD said when his volunteers arrived, both mobile homes were completely engulfed in flames. Christoval VFD assisted, particularly with bringing the water truck.
Thompson pointed at propane tanks that had exploded, but there was more. “They had firearms in the home that were discharging, shooting holes in the walls,” Thompson said.
A family of four, which included two children, lived in the two mobile homes. Thompson said none were injured and his volunteers managed to rescue all animals from the fire.
“It took about 30 minutes to get the fire under control,” Thompson said. The mobile homes are a total loss.